Saturday, May 10, 2008

Enough

All of You is more than enough for all of me, for every thirst and every need. You satisfy me with Your love. And all I have in You is more than enough. - worship leader Chris Tomlin

A beggar, who hasn't had a meal in 2 days, is given a full plate of food, he will most likely savor every bite. He has all the time in the world, plus he may not get another meal like this in a while. A rich man, when given a full plate of food, will scarf it down quickly so he can move on to his next event of the day. He rushes through life, believing that his next meal will be on the table when he sits down.

But what happens when the rich man loses all he has and becomes like the poor man? It doesn't always happen that way, but many times the rich become bankrupt, and therefore poor, losing everything they have. They invest their lives into what is on the earth. The poor man has nothing to invest in, but seeks with everything he has until he finds what he needs for the day. And he doesn't always get it. So he tries again the next day. And the next. And the next. And he keeps on trying until he gets it. And whatever he gets is enough.

God is teaching me to be like the poor man. He is teaching me to search with every ounce of my being to find what I need for the day. Will I always find it? No. But God will give me what I seek in His own good time, no matter His answer. He is teaching me that He is more than enough. And enough in His terms may very well mean that I may never be in a relationship. Very well could. But it doesn't mean that I won't. Not unless He doesn't want me to. I must seek first His kingdom, and everything else will be added, if it's in His will. It hurts sometimes. It was nice having that human touch, someone that I could lean on and love. And I still love him. But it's not meant. Not now. Maybe not ever. But as hard as it is to say it, I can wait.

Because He is enough for me.

No comments: