Saturday, December 15, 2007

Figuring it out...

So I was thinking, and that can be a scary notion...Anyhow, I've been trying to figure out what exactly I want to do in life, what I want to accomplish, what's important, etc. I majored in graphic design for 2 years, and want to get a photographer's degree. I also want to finish my Bible major. But the fact is, I don't want to be in school for the next 6 years. It would tie me down, and I don't want that. It's not THAT important to me. Sure, getting a degree would be nice, but unless I'm going to use it for ministry, I really don't want it that bad. I know, I know...finish now or you'll regret it later. Well, what I've concluded is that I want to finish the Bible degree and get a 2 year photography degree. I don't want to finish my graphic design major. I've learned what I want, except for Publisher, and I know enough in order to do what I want, and that's freelance. I don't really have a burning desire to work for some marketing agency for the next 30 years. I'd rather have my hands free to raise a family, help people out on a more personal level. It's not about getting to the top - it's about making a difference. That's what's important to me. So will I regret not getting my graphic design degree? Probably. Most likely. But I would regret even more that I did not take more time helping people and being a ready available wife and mother (if that's God's will for me). I don't want to miss out on that.

No comments: