Monday, December 10, 2007

Huh??

When an opportunity arises for something beneficial, why would the door get shut? Twice, within a week's time, I received opportunities for jobs in marketing firms where the positions applied for were at entry level. And twice I didn't get the job. Why? I'm not bitter. I'm not angry. I just don't get it. Maybe I'm not ambitious enough. Maybe I don't have high enough expectations of myself. Maybe my goals are not what they wanted. I don't know.
But I do know this: If God wanted me to have the job, He would have given it to me. Plain and simple. Clearly, He didn't. And I'm OK with that. Really. He provided me this job at Bath & Body Works, and I will work it to the best of my ability. I think I realized that He's giving me a better opportunity to take classes while I work. I could do that just as well with an office job at a marketing firm, but I also wanted to keep working at B&BW. So that would have been way too much going on, and too little time for anything else. At least now I can take a class and have time to study, too...brilliant, 'eh? Yeah, I thought so. :-)
Anyways, I guess my point is that I'm finally seeing things. It's finally making sense. God is working, He's being patient with me, and continually teaching me things that I keep forgetting or ignoring...He's so good! He wants more of my time, and that's just fine with me. He's providing for me, and I can give back to Him. He's also allowing me more time with someone that may be of permanence... I can handle that. :-)

1 comment:

Christopher said...

"Who can know the mind of God"
I have found that trying to guess God's mind is impossible. God's ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts past our thoughts. Glad to see you content with where he is moving you!